How do I see where I've commented?

Thu, Jul 25 2013 11:14am IST 1
Kiki179
Kiki179
26 Posts
I can't always remember where I post or comment, so where is the info? Embarassed
Thu, Jul 25 2013 12:20pm IST 2
bazbaron
bazbaron
1384 Posts
Kiki, one way of keeping track of your comments is by clicking the Watch Topic tab above here, then tick the box where it asks if you want notification and it'll let you know if there are other comments in the thread. Smile
Thu, Jul 25 2013 12:40pm IST 3
Caducean Whisks
Caducean Whisks
2331 Posts
As Baz says, every time you comment on a forum thread, the easiest way to get notified of a later comment, is to check the watch topic box at the top, or tick 'notify me by email' at the bottom.
You don't even need to comment, to get notified of new responses if you click 'Watch' at the top.

If you want to find a thread you commented on previously but is not currently at the top of any list, go to Forum Home and see the tabs at the top?
You can select 'My watched topics' which will bring up a list of everything you've ever 'watched'.
You can also choose 'My topics', which will list all the threads you started yourself.

As for blogs, there's no way of finding later comments that may have slipped off the main wall, except by finding the blog again. Although recent posts do appear on the wall of the creator of the blog. If you yourself commented, it will appear on your own wall, too.
The 'blog' tab in the navy blue row at the top, will list all blogs ever posted, if you want to find an old one.
[Note: The higher raspberry row of tabs which also contains 'Blog', takes you up a level into Writers' Workshop territory. The Navy row stays at Cloud level.]

Also on your own wall, if you scroll right to the end, there's a 'View All' option. This will bring up everything written on your wall since time began. Or indeed, anyone else's wall, if you want to find something from a long time ago.

Then there's the good old 'Search' in the top left corner. Put in any old keyword - the more unusual the better - and try that. It's not a very sophisticated search, but it's there if it helps.
Thu, Jul 25 2013 12:58pm IST 4
Kiki179
Kiki179
26 Posts
Thanks very much both. I'll do all that Smile
Tue, Feb 17 2015 02:11pm GMT 5
Kim
Kim
766 Posts
This has helped me too. Thank you. Kim
Wed, Feb 18 2015 10:50pm GMT 6
Brilioto
Brilioto
17 Posts
Very helpful info, thanks guys
Tue, Feb 7 2017 05:35am GMT 7
Tony
Tony
1 Posts
An informative post to people who are not aware of this subject. This blog is like a resume written by a professional resume writer to help the new persons who are searching for a job. The suggestions given in the article will be followed by new comers who come to post.
Tue, Feb 7 2017 09:52am GMT 8
Caducean Whisks
Caducean Whisks
2331 Posts
We don't need the embedded links to a resume writing service, thank you very much.
This is a writers' forum, if you hadn't noticed.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.