A few questions about self publishing.

Sat, Apr 1 2017 01:59pm IST 1
Mark
Mark
1 Posts
I have a big collection of poems I want to self publish. I want to do it in hard copy and in ebook form. Can I get some advise? How many poems are a good amount? Is it good to go with a certain theme? Is there any good online courses?
Thanks,
Mark.
Wed, May 31 2017 08:54pm IST 2
Mr.Smith
Mr.Smith
22 Posts

Hello Mark. I'm no expert on poetry, but I think I read on createspace (amazon) that a book had to have a certain amount of pages before they would publish it in hard copy. Depending on how many poems you had you may want to check minimum requirements.

I have seen poetry books done to a theme and others in a mixed anthology. I think that as long as people like them it really doesn’t matter. As for publishing an e-book, I think any size is fine. Kindle (amazon) explains everything simply enough so that even I could understand it.

Wed, May 31 2017 08:56pm IST 3
Mr.Smith
Mr.Smith
22 Posts
Sorry about the highlights. Not sure why they are there.
Fri, Jun 2 2017 03:56pm IST 4
EmmaD
EmmaD
3342 Posts
This is very good -albeit US-oriented - on the whole process of assembling a poetry collection with a view to getting it published.

Lots of excellent advice on the practicalities self-publishing here, on the Matador site, whether or not you choose to use them:

Matador are owned by Troubadour, who are a well-regarded poetry publisher themselves, so (unlike much of the self-pub-guru stuff out there) they do have things like poetry collections in mind.
Fri, Jun 2 2017 03:56pm IST 5
EmmaD
EmmaD
3342 Posts

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.