AgentHunter.co.uk

Wed, Apr 19 2017 05:09pm IST 1
Philippa
Philippa
1532 Posts
Hi Cloudies,

Do any of you use agenthunter.co.uk?

If so, which subscription package did you go for, and any general tips on the best way to get the most out of the site?

Thanks for any pointers...
Wed, Apr 19 2017 10:39pm IST 2
Pinkbelt75
Pinkbelt75
1399 Posts
I'm going to sign up for the gold package. £27 and you get full access and review of query letter and synopsis.
Thu, Apr 20 2017 11:04am IST 3
Hilly
Hilly
149 Posts
Nice to know this, thanks Pinkbelt.
Sat, Apr 22 2017 09:22pm IST 4
Philippa
Philippa
1532 Posts
Thanks PB. Though have I misunderstood? When I last looked at the site, it seemed the different packages were for length of access (rather than full / partial). Muddled.
Tue, May 30 2017 07:31pm IST 5
Mr.Smith
Mr.Smith
22 Posts
Hi Philippa,
I signed up to agent hunter and did the gold package. You get access to the same amount of data but with this one you get the synopsis and agent letter review, which for £27 seemed quite good. Also makes it alot easier than flicking through the Writers and Artists yearbook. All subscriptions are for a year except the bronze which is more of a taster. I would however say that you should check out the web sites of the agents you choose just to make sure that all the info is up to date.
Mon, Jun 19 2017 11:51am IST 6
Gemstar
Gemstar
20 Posts
Did you find the review of your covering letter and synopsis helpful Mr. Smith?
Sun, Jul 16 2017 03:53pm IST 7
Mr.Smith
Mr.Smith
22 Posts
Sorry, just spotted the reply.

I did find it helpful. I thought I had polished both to perfection but the review still found a couple of mistakes and gave some pointers to improve them. Writing a synopsis has got to be the worst part of writing and what really bugs me is that different agents require different length synopsis, so you have to keep rewriting them. An industry standard would be nice.
Fri, Aug 4 2017 11:17am IST 8
RichardB
RichardB
1117 Posts
Can anybody who's done the gold package tell me how long it takes to get the feedback on your covering letter and synopsis? I uploaded mine a fortnight ago and I haven't heard a dicky bird.
Fri, Aug 4 2017 12:24pm IST 9
Willow
Willow
85 Posts
Mine took about 4 weeks Richard. I sent them an email asking for timescales and they sent mine back pretty quickly after that.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.