Hello :)

Sun, Nov 12 2017 10:55am GMT 1
Ariejester
Ariejester
42 Posts
Hi, I'm new here, well kind of. I've been posting in the critique area for just over a week. So thought it about time I introduced myself :)
I'm a writer in my spare time, and when I say writer I mean I'm pretty new at this. I was published years back for poetry and articles, but nothing more than that... and when I say spare time its when I'm not juggling children, placements or assignments, thats when I'm working on the next draft of my first book.

I've always wanted to write a book, it's in the top ten on my bucket list ;) and I've written one, finished it... well the first few drafts anyway. I started over a year ago now and have since finished and worked through it two more times, So I guess you could say this is my third draft. But this time around I'm asking for help and advice, making sure I make it captivating enough. After all I'd like to get it published... one day ;)

Anyhoo thanks for reading and I hope I get to read your work too!

Leanne xx
Sun, Nov 12 2017 11:05am GMT 2
Hilly
Hilly
179 Posts
Hi leanne. I've read your work and it's good. Needs a bit of a twiddle etc. (which goes for all of us). Just keep going and don't give up. Learn as much as you can with every re-write or edit. We all hope to get there one day.
Good luck.
Sun, Nov 12 2017 08:10pm GMT 3
Ariejester
Ariejester
42 Posts
Thanks Hilly!
Fri, Dec 1 2017 10:22am GMT 4
Casey
Casey
36 Posts
How do we get to read your book?
Sat, Dec 2 2017 10:44am GMT 5
Penworthy
Penworthy
25 Posts
Welcome, Ariejester. Persistence and the ability to take rejection are essentials. Hilly is right; the more writing you do, the more polished you get. It's worth saying, too, that it's very difficult to get going again if you stop for any length of time.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.