Important information about Word Cloud and Jericho Writers

Wed, Mar 28 2018 03:12pm IST 1
The WordCloud
The WordCloud
896 Posts
Hi everyone,

You will all shortly recieve an email about the future of Word Cloud and Jericho Writers, but I thought I'd pop in here to give you an overview of the basics:

• As you might have seen yesterday, we’re updating and re-branding The Writers’ Workshop to Jericho Writers.
  • This is part of an exciting shift to a membership model, which we’ve created to give brillaint writers like you more, for less. We really think you're going to love it!
  • Although The Writers’ Workshop is changing, we’re committed to keeping the Word Cloud open. It will continue to be a free, welcoming, well-informed place to make friends and learn the craft of writing. As long as there’s real interest in the community, we’ll promise to keep the lights on – for free – as ever.
  • That said, as most of you are aware, the Word Cloud was built a while ago and is now – in software terms at least – a bit elderly. The underlying third-party software is no longer properly supported and has, as you know, become quite glitchy.
  • Because of this, we’ve decided to stop admitting new members to the Word Cloud. That will hopefully reduce the strain on its aching joints.

Want to move to Jericho?

We're building a writing community at the heart of Jericho Writers. That community will be called ‘The Townhouse’ and will be open to all full members. It will work a lot like Word Cloud, but without the bugs! We really hope that the new community enjoys the same warmth, generosity, laughter and support that the Cloud has always generated.

We would love to have you join us in the Townhouse when we launch. That’s why we’ll be offering all Word Cloud users a discount on the membership fee. We’ll have more on that very soon, so keep an eye on your emails.

Until then, it's business as usual! And as ever, our team are here and if you have any worries and concerns, do get in touch.

Harry.

Writers Workshop / Jericho Writers

Wed, Mar 28 2018 04:49pm IST 2
John Taylor
John Taylor
1805 Posts
Obviously, I don't yet know the full extent of Jericho Writers' services, but I have had excellent service from Writers' workshop over the years, and would like to take the opportunity to thank you personally for all your help and support through the Word Cloud community. The community here has nourished some amazing writing talents over the years, and led to a fine body of work.

Good luck with the new venture!
Tue, Apr 3 2018 03:08pm IST 3
fudgetusk
fudgetusk
69 Posts
Without new members moving in this forum will eventually die. If you have friends who want to join here but can't they can always join Literature Network Forums. :)
Thu, Apr 5 2018 10:00am IST 4
John Alty
John Alty
31 Posts
@fudgetusk I tried that site once, couldn't post anything, some software glitch.
Thu, Apr 5 2018 10:08am IST 5
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
633 Posts
Another thing I don't get about this - why would you abandon a name and brand and business you have spent years building up? winning a good reputation for in the writing/publishing world. Seems crazy. Like Faber suddenly deciding to change its name to Fibbly or something ...
Thu, Apr 5 2018 12:35pm IST 6
fudgetusk
fudgetusk
69 Posts
@fudgetusk I tried that site once, couldn't post anything, some software glitch.

First couple of stories I posted did not go up until I enquired. Then they went up. Had no problem since.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.