Great series of podcasts on the writing craft

Thu, May 10 2018 04:17pm IST 1
Philippa
Philippa
1663 Posts
I've just discovered a great series of podcasts which are free, and add up to a brilliant course on the craft of creating great stories. The podcasts particularly focus on story structure - writing stories that "work".

On the podcasts, seasoned editor Shawn Coyne mentors aspiring writer Tim Grahl on various aspects of constructing great stories. They include insightful live critiques of Tim's draft efforts.

You can find the podcasts, along with lots of other resources at storygrid.com

In terms of the podcasts, start with "Soft Launching" on this page: https://storygrid.com/category/podcasts/page/11/, and work your way through.

Enjoy!
Fri, May 11 2018 11:12pm IST 2
Barny
Barny
806 Posts
Thanks for this, Philippa - although your direct link to storygrid.com seems to go somewhere else ;-)
Sat, May 12 2018 05:35pm IST 3
Philippa
Philippa
1663 Posts
Whoops. You're right. Have taken the wonky link out. Just type in storygrid.com and you'll get there. x
Fri, May 18 2018 01:13pm IST 4
Julie C
Julie C
184 Posts
The Story Grid book is excellent too. I'm working my way through the podcasts, mainly splurging whilst decorating or out for a walk. Takes time to get through them all but it helps to reinforce what's in the book. Just a little put off by references to films I haven't seen (and don't particularly wish to see) but you can't have everything!

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.